REACHING BENSON AND BEYOND
BCOG is committed to being involved in missions! Our purpose is three-fold:
- To fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).
- To see men and women saved and taught in the knowledge of God (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- To minister to the totality of human need (Mt. 10:42, 25:31-46, Jn. 13:35, and Eph. 2:10).
HOW BCOG DEFINES MISSIONS
- Evangelizing, discipling, planting churches, and aiding in their growth and development overseas and in the United States.
- Ministry may be overseas or to another culture within our own country.
- Any ministry extending beyond the congregation, facilities, or local influence of City Church.
SHORT-TERM MISSIONS TRIPS
In addition to supporting long-term missionaries and support ministries, City Church also sends out people on short-term missions trips throughout the year to places around the world. Contact BCOG Missions Director for information on upcoming opportunities and how you may get involved.
OUR MISSIONS TEAM
Our Missions Team meets regularly and is responsible for recommending missionaries for approval by the church Elder Board, classifying missionaries; setting financial support; and praying for and communicating with our missionaries regularly.
- PRAY: For missions generally, or pick up the current prayer request list at the Missions table in the current entry hall.
- GIVE: Use the standard City Church giving envelope and denote your gift for Missions.
- GET INVOLVED: Contact our City Church Missions Director.